University of California, Los Angeles UCLA Mathematics of Computation [B.S.] (GPA 3.771) Math of Computation B.S. (GPA 3.771) Jun 2018 - 2020 06/18 - 2020
- Probability Theory, Advanced Linear Algebra, Analysis, Optimization (in progress), Data Mining (in progress).
University of California, Berkeley UC Berkeley Cross Enrollment (GPA 3.850) Jan 2017 - Aug 2017 01/17 - 08/17
- Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs, Data Structures, Computational Models of Cognition.
- Co-organized the conference since 2017, which have 1,400 attendees each year.
- Built and maintains a responsive and search-engine-optimized website [link] with over 4,000 users.
- manages, tracks and quantifies digital marketing such that cost stays low while conversion stays high.
- Utilizes Google Cloud Functions to enable a serverless website which had zero server error and zero down time.
- Integrated Evernote, GitHub, and other third-party apps into Teambition so that users gets update notifications.
- Upgraded the interface of the permission system, enabling a finer control within and across organizations.
- Built Teambition’s blog and career site with Wordpress and nodeJS, both sites now have over 10,000 pageviews.
UC Berkeley EECS Dept. | Berkeley, CA Teaching Assistant [Java] Jun 2017 - Aug 2017 06/17 - 06/17
- Taught concepts covering knowledge of data structures (hash tables, heaps, stacks, queues, tries, BSTs, linked lists, etc.), graph traversal algorithms (Dijkstra’s, Kruskal’s), sorting algorithms (Quicksort, Mergesort), runtime analysis, and more.
IO Design Group | Harbin, China Founder Sep 2014 - Aug 2015 09/14 - 08/15
- Drafted the design guideline for Harbin Institute of Technology Model United Nations and other major events.
- Designed for Harbin Institute of Technology's Model United Nations Conference and managed the production of all materials.
- Coordinated the design of Harbin Institute of Technology's 2015 yearbook [View] which was distributed internationally.
- Co-organized the first Global Innovators' Forum of Technology and Society with 140 attendees.
- Designed a delivery system that utilizes existing traffic to delivery packages with maximized efficiency.
- Used Hungarian algorithm and local clustering to match deliveries with deliverers which minimize the total cost.
- Wrote a Go server which used channels and goroutines to handle potential mutex in communications among clients.
- Wrote a Python server with a visualization of the simulation and routes using Google Maps API and Google Firebase.
- Built and designed a website that displays LaTeX notes with clear legible layout optimized for both desktop and mobile.
- Designed efficient navigation through all the notes with anotations and collapsable proofs and solutions.
Reedly [Link] Sketch Photoshop 2017
- Built A prototype for an elegant Android RSS reader, designed for both mobile and tablet use cases.
- Followed the material design guideline with careful consideration for both usability and customizability.
Skills & Interestsmore proficient less proficient
- Parallel computing: knows how to use ISPC and CUDA to optimize programs in different parallel settings.
- Data Structure & Algorithm: solid data structure and algorithm understanding with mathematical insight.
- Design and Prototyping Tools: Sketch Photoshop After Effects Indesign Principle Processing.
- Frameworks & Tools: CUDA ISPC Angular Git Unix Express Django Gulp Vue React Hexo Hugo.
- Interests: Podcasts: Recode Decode, Y Combinator's, Google Methods. Cooking. Photography. Communistic shared living.