University of California, Los Angeles UCLA Mathematics of Computation [B.S.] (GPA 3.771) Math of Computation B.S. (GPA 3.771) Jun 2018 - 2020 06/18 - 2020
- Probability Theory, Advanced Linear Algebra, Analysis, Optimization, Data Mining, Mathematical & Numerical Analysis.
University of California, Berkeley UC Berkeley Cross Enrollment (GPA 3.850) Jan 2017 - Aug 2017 01/17 - 08/17
- Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs, Data Structures, Computational Models of Cognition.
Carnegie Mellon University Online lectures Jan 2018 - Aug 2018 01/18 - 08/18
- Distributed System, Parrellel Computing.
Skillsmore proficient less proficient
- Data Mining & Machine Learning: knows when and how to apply what algorithm or model, and why the algorithm works.
- Parallel computing: knows how to use ISPC and CUDA to optimize programs in different parallel settings.
- Data Structure & Algorithm: solid data structure and algorithm understanding with mathematical insight.
- Design and Prototyping Tools: Sketch Photoshop After Effects Indesign Principle Processing.
- Frameworks & Tools: CUDA ISPC Angular Git Unix Express Django Gulp Vue React Hexo Hugo.
- manages, tracks and quantifies digital marketing such that cost stays low while conversion stays high.
- Utilizes Google Cloud Functions to enable a serverless website which had zero server error and zero down time.
- Built and maintains a responsive and search-engine-optimized website with over 4,000 users.
- Integrated Evernote, GitHub, and other third-party apps into Teambition so that users gets update notifications.
- Upgraded the interface of the permission system, enabling a finer control within and across organizations.
- Built Teambition’s blog and career site with Wordpress and nodeJS, both sites now have over 10,000 pageviews.
UC Berkeley EECS Dept. | Berkeley, CA Teaching Assistant [Java] Jun 2017 - Aug 2017 06/17 - 06/17
- Taught concepts covering knowledge of data structures (hash tables, heaps, stacks, queues, tries, BSTs, linked lists, etc.), graph traversal algorithms (Dijkstra’s, Kruskal’s), sorting algorithms (Quicksort, Mergesort), runtime analysis, and more.
IO Design Group | Harbin, China Founder Sep 2014 - Aug 2015 09/14 - 08/15
- Drafted the design guideline for Harbin Institute of Technology Model United Nations and other major events.
- Managed Harbin Institute of Technology's Model United Nations's design and production.
- Coordinated the design of Harbin Institute of Technology's 2015 yearbook which was distributed internationally.
- Co-organized the first Global Innovators' Forum of Technology and Society with 140 attendees.
- Designed a delivery system that utilizes existing traffic to delivery packages with maximized efficiency.
- Designed algorithms to match deliveries with deliverers which minimize the total cost.
- Wrote a Go server which used channels and goroutines to handle potential mutex in communications among clients.
- Wrote a Python server with a visualization of the simulation and routes using Google Maps API and Google Firebase.
- Built and designed a website that displays LaTeX notes with clear legible layout optimized for both desktop and mobile.
- Designed efficient navigation through all the notes with anotations and collapsable proofs and solutions.
Communistic shared living,
Podcasts: Recode Decode, Y Combinator's, Google Methods.